Thursday, May 24, 2007

Some Stability

Thanks for your great comments and attention to the blog. I have been very encouraged by folks who have read and commented or emailed me with their support!

For those who may be interested on the latest developments in my life:

I had a last minute interview last week in DC at the Institute for International Finance (http://www.iif.com/). It’s a research assistant position supporting three economists in the Latin America group. It also includes event planning and it seems as though I will have trips to San Juan, Puerto Rico and Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

Then, I checked out the job in Cedar Falls, Iowa. The guy I was talking to consults with The VGM Group (www.vgm.com) as well as other companies. I talked to the CFO at VGM. It was very cool all the businesses they are involved with and the entrepreneurial situation there—lots of opportunity to get exposure to basic business planning and execution. My first project would be giving direction to a young political consulting business for Dems. The problem was Cedar Falls. While it is home to the University of Northern Iowa, all reports indicate students leave to go home on the weekends because there isn’t much going on there! It would be great if I had a family already, but the timing right now is not good.

I also made a proposal to Pragma to commit to the last two rounds of the course while being sent to India in between and continuing to receive the 25 perdiem and insurance. They accepted. Cedar Falls would take me after 3 months.

So, yesterday I had to decide what to do. And I decided to take the job in DC. I will go there for a few days next week, then begin in earnest on June 11. I’m going to ask if I can consult with the folks in Cedar Falls somehow, maintaining a relationship with them…

So that’s the latest!

No comments: