Monday, May 7, 2007

Outta Here!

We leave today on a 5 PM flight. I have an overnight in Dubai, then catch an 8:30 AM flight tomorrow to Frankfurt. Not enough time to get to the beach in Dubai, unfortunately!

We took our trip to Chicken Street for some souveneirs and I cut my 25-Massoud-hat deal once again--this time for $40 instead of $50. Haji Mohammad wasn't there, so I dealt with his (tiny) cousin instead. I also picked up a few wall-hanging items and some necklaces. So be nice and we'll see what you end up with!

Ran into the same kid on Chicken street at the very tail end of our time on Chicken Street today. He claimed he was no longer going to a French school, but was going to an English school. I hope so, but I fear the kid is not going to school at all...

Looking forward to my return to New York--I have a friend that will be in town Thursday who is shipping out for Iraq soon. Then Friday I have invited people to the Bohemian Beer Garden in Queens. It's no pool party, but it will have to do. Saturday there is what sounds like it will be a massive birthday bash for Lauren way uptown. So, be in touch and let's meet up!

See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatcha gonna do next, jatrain?

C ya,

M